Tuesday 11 October 2011

The plan, which is liable to change.

Over the next 6 weeks I'm going to be doing a series of reviews on this year's Man Booker shortlist. Obviously they won't be done in time for the announcement of the winner, which is largely (entirely) due to the mind-bendingly rapid service offered by the Guardian Bookshop, who only took 5 weeks to deliver my books. Such is life though, and I shall probably just treat it as though I don't know who the winner is (although I probably will). As usual it's a contentious list, so I'll assume readability and focus mainly on artistic merit.

I'll try and get the first review up by Wednesday.

Oh, and after that I might do a feature on last year's Man Booker. This is a cop-out, as I've already read them. But I really need to make some time to read Paradise Lost. It'll probably work out okay anyway, as they're all on bargain book stands now, so they could be cheap, good reads. Or not. You'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment